Customer Operations Supervisor
Text Casella to 97211
Founded in 1975, Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is a publicly traded company (CWST) and one of the nation's leading providers of waste and recycling services. Casella currently employs more than 2,500 employees throughout Vermont, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, and Pennsylvania and serves customers in more than 40 states. We are especially proud of our support and dedication to the success of our local communities throughout the northeast region and beyond.
Part of the Critical Infrastructure Industry, Casella protects the health and safety of our society and prevents any debilitating impact on the communities we serve. We are constantly developing and investing in innovative solutions to build a better tomorrow for future generations.
In every way, our most important resource is our people. Our deep understanding of resource renewal also guides us in cultivating a culture of lifelong learning and career growth and flows naturally from our deepest core values and our unwavering dedication to safety and wellness.
We believe the work we do is vitally important and meaningful and that our employees are the stewards of our region’s breathtaking natural beauty. We seek to hire the most talented and dedicated people to grow our business and serve our customers.
The Customer Operations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the onsite Resource Management program to ensure that safety is at the forefront of all operations, provides opportunity for any improvement in processes for both Casella and the customer, and encourages employees to progress in their careers.
Essential Job Functions/Key Accountabilities
- Manages and maintains daily activities to ensure operations are managed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Trains new employees of the expectations and procedures of daily operations.
- Maintains a clear line of communication and positive relationships with key contacts within the program including Operations Manager, Primary Customer contacts and additional customer contacts.
- Assists in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement on collection methods, increasing material values, material contamination, disposition, and provides insight and feedback about safety and development.
- Schedules material movements including MSW, metals, organics, non-regulated waste, and recyclables.
- Maintains safety as the center of focus by keeping up with equipment maintenance as needed and completing facility checklists
- Demonstrates effective leadership skills by communicating clear goals, coaching team members on achieving goals, providing development opportunities to ensure employees attain the necessary skills to obtain results, organizing team initiatives.
- Participates in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
Responsible, team-oriented individual who is committed to safety, demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills, committed to customer service and results-oriented with the ability to see the larger picture while focusing on detailed information.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication and problem solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Equipment operation skills (forklift, box truck, grinder preferred)
- Knowledge of lock out tag out procedures
- 3-5 years industrial operations of manufacturing experience
- Minimum of 6 months – 1-year equipment operation experience
- Experience of use of various equipment
- Worked in a mature safety culture
- Successful in a team environment
- Management Experience
- Continuous improvement
- High School education or GED
- Trade School with a focus of industrial arts
- Legally eligible to work in the US
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid CDL license or the ability to attain one.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. frequently – 65lbs. several times / day
- Standing up for 8 hrs. a day
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly, we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company's needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
Casella Waste Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an environment of inclusion and mutual respect where opportunities are available to all applicants and team members without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and veteran status, status as individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success as a company and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people.